Sunday, November 3, 2013

November 3rd, 2013

Talofa,
  Well this week Sister Vii died from breast cancer that she had been fighting for four months. Really early tuesday morning at like three we woke up from pounding on the door and "elders elders" it was brother Vii and he told us that Milani had died and that he needed our help with the funeral. President Niko came later in the morning and gave us assignments, he told me to speak on families at the funeral service that was gonna be held in the chapel. We spent the whole day doing funeral stuff, Polynesian funerals are quite the event, its like a sad wedding, because everybody takes pictures. I spoke on families and it was a good missionary effort a lot of the people were non members and didn't know our beliefs about how the family can be together forever. A lot of members came up to me afterwards and told me i did a great job. President Niko said "Elder Cashen you speak very well thank you for the talk" he told me to do it in english haha so i did it in english.
 I also gave my first baptismal interview to this kid named Telava and he did great! He'll be baptized in Saturday. We started teaching Pres. Niko's cousin and his cousin's wife. When we started the lesson it was just his cousin but we asked if his wife wanted to join. SHe came in and we taught the lesson. After when we asked if they had any questions, she shared with us that when she saw us go in with her cousin that she really wanted to join too and felt kind of cheated that she couldn't listen, but when her husband came and told her that we wanted her there too she started crying and new it was a sign haha it was awesome. The Lord does prepare people. Me and my comp also gave a baby blessing on Sunday.
This week was kinda weird because we started the week with a funeral and the polynesian funeral services are like huge events and we were part of every stage of it, it took all day. From 3 in the morning to 9 whoa.
 Well this is my last week in Tuvalu then to Fiji and back for another 3 months.
 I'll find out my new comp on saturday.
Ya, living here is just life i'm used to it, it's not that bad but then sometimes its like am i really living here haha. I hope you guys have had a good week, Love ya guys!

Elder Cashen

No comments:

Post a Comment