Monday, December 16, 2013

December 16th, 2013


Hey fam! 
I'm back in Tuvalu and man, I love this place. I really missed it. We flew back with the branch president and his wife and they were so happy to see us. When we arrived, it spread like wild fire that "the boys are back in town" haha. I took my new comp to visit the members so he could get to know them and introduce himself. Every time we went, the members got all excited to see the elders haha. I guess we mean more to the people here than i thought. Also, before i left, i thought that only the members knew my name and maybe not even all of them. But being back, i've had like the whole island call me my name and say hi and i don't even know them haha, i'm a legend sir! The bad thing though is that all our investigators went to their home islands for the holidays so we're looking for people to teach. Plus, i'm trying to get my Tuvaluan back and i need to teach my new comp the language haha. We got some referrals yesterday which was a blessing so we'll be fine. 
Funny story, so they had the primary program yesterday and the people leading it are still kinda new converts and they did this, like, drama on the First Vision haha. They had kids holding branches to be trees, they had a kid be Joseph, and then they had two kids on a table, one the Father and one the Son haha it was so weird and so funny. ALso when we got back, we were blessed with three full water tanks but for some reason our pipes weren't working, our shower wasn't working. So that night i climbed up on the tank and filled buckets up with water to shower and fill our toilet with water. Took a bucket shower haha it sucked. The day after i talked to a plumber in the branch and he fixed our pipes so now the pressure is better than my first three months here and the sink that never worked now works haha. It was cool because we prayed for help and Heavenly Father provided. My new comp is awesome. He really wants to help and he really has a testimony of the gospel, we've had some great experiences sharing about the scriptures and the blessings we've recieved from the gospel. We're working hard to spread the gospel here. I love ya guys. We'll skype next week!
Elder Cashen

No comments:

Post a Comment